Alpha-1 Plus has joined EURORDIS as Associate Member!
EURORDIS is a non-governmental patient-driven alliance of patient organizations, representing 667 rare disease groups and associations, in 61 countries, covering 4000 diseases.
EURORDIS works to build a strong pan-european community of patient organizations and people living with a rare disease, to be their voice at the European level, and – directly or indirectly – to fight against the impact of rare diseases on their lives.
To this end, EURORDIS undertakes activities on behalf of its members, notably in favour of:
- Empowering rare disease patient groups
- Advocating rare diseases as a public health issue
- Raising public rare disease awareness, and also that of national and international institutions
- Improving access to information, treatment, care, and support for people living with rare diseases
- Encouraging good practices in relation to these
- Promoting scientific and clinical rare disease research
- Developing rare disease treatments and orphan drugs
- Improving quality of life through patient support, social, welfare and educational services
Read more about EURORDIS